7.17.2006

Fab weekend

Took V to see Pearl Jam this Sat in SF as an early birthday present. It was one of the best shows I'd been to. V was so excited I thought he would pass out. Eddie is such an intense performer. Sonic Youth opened for them, which was freaking great. V had never heard their music before, though I listened to them a lot in college. In 1992 I was so freaking into Pearl Jam it wasn't even funny. I think I saw them at Lollapalooza way back when, though I went to so many of those and the Warped Tours I can't remember what show was what.

We went to Sawa beforehand and ate kilwa beef like we hadn't seen food in a week. Then on Sunday, his parents took us out to breakfast for as an early birthday present for V. I had the best damned swedish pancakes I have ever had in my entire life (will need to do more pilates this week...). Then when we got home we FINALLY put up the curtains in our bedroom (they arrived last week after being delayed more than a month because Silk Trading Company sent me 6 yards of fabric instead of 6 panels. I was a tad miffed). Now it is DARK when we go to sleep and DARK when it's 5 a.m.

We're off to Portugal in 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home