Nick of time
Things just seem to work out, I guess.
It's been a trying week or two. Much to my dismay, my passport had not arrived from the National Passport Agency, even though I had applied for renewal more than 2 months ago. Repeated calls to their office were fruitless and frustrating, and the clock ticked ever closer to our vacation departure date. My mom suggested I call my local congressowoman's office. I had no idea they could help, but within three hours, they had the thing processed and on a FedEx plane the next day. Saved within days of our leaving. I wrote them a nice note.
Then, I had one extra ticket to SD since V couldn't go. It wasn't going to be a big deal because we were supposed to have $65 seats. But David's friend got us the $125 seats, which was fab for me, but not for the extra ticket. Which meant I was looking at at $250 SD show and I wasn't even in the front row. Two hours before I left for San Jose, I posted the ticket on Craig's List and it was taken within 30 minutes by a nice guy named Mark from Palo Alto. His wife couldn't make the show, so he needed a single. Saved within minutes of the show. We had a great time.
A few more things to do before we leave (where the hell do you find a travel iron?). Going to buy Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead for the trip, and another paperback.
Will report from somewhere in Portugal next week...
It's been a trying week or two. Much to my dismay, my passport had not arrived from the National Passport Agency, even though I had applied for renewal more than 2 months ago. Repeated calls to their office were fruitless and frustrating, and the clock ticked ever closer to our vacation departure date. My mom suggested I call my local congressowoman's office. I had no idea they could help, but within three hours, they had the thing processed and on a FedEx plane the next day. Saved within days of our leaving. I wrote them a nice note.
Then, I had one extra ticket to SD since V couldn't go. It wasn't going to be a big deal because we were supposed to have $65 seats. But David's friend got us the $125 seats, which was fab for me, but not for the extra ticket. Which meant I was looking at at $250 SD show and I wasn't even in the front row. Two hours before I left for San Jose, I posted the ticket on Craig's List and it was taken within 30 minutes by a nice guy named Mark from Palo Alto. His wife couldn't make the show, so he needed a single. Saved within minutes of the show. We had a great time.
A few more things to do before we leave (where the hell do you find a travel iron?). Going to buy Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead for the trip, and another paperback.
Will report from somewhere in Portugal next week...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home