11.02.2006

Flushed

Still on Smarties. No kids -- ZERO -- showed up in our 'hood for Halloween. Probably because we're in a new development and there still is construction going on. So I was left with $25 worth of Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and... *drumroll* Smarties. I brought a big bag of candy to work and put it outside my office with a sign saying "help yourself." Well, all the chocolate is gone, and all that is left is... *sigh* Smarties.

So yesterday I was in the bathroom at work and accidentally knocked my absentee voter ballot envelope in the toilet as it was almost done flushing. It got sucked down pretty good before I stopped staring at it in horror and retrieved it. I had to pat it down with paper towels, but it turned out ok. The election is already down the tubes anyway.

Had a dream last night that I was a Sarah Jessica Parker-like character in a Sex and the City-like world. I was at a big glamorous party with all these celebrities, and I was wearing a chiffon Cavalli and some really great thigh-high Italian boots, which someone ended up stealing in the bathroom when I was changing into comfy clothes and talking with Samantha. Then the dream switched to my being in a pet store, buying something for a work friend who is the hospital battling cancer (in real life). I picked out a cute fluffy baby bunny and left the store only to find in the bag a freaking gerbil, and I was *pissed* *off*. The gerbil was all over the place, just out of control, and I eventually let it out of the damned bag and get loose in the store because I couldn't deal with it anymore. All this, and it was an Ambien-free night!

I'm driving to work thinking about what metaphor could possible be found in this all. I have no clue about the SJP thing, other than I was perhaps living vicariously through sleep, but the pet store thing threw me. Well, I guess we all need to let the crazy gerbil loose, people. Just let him go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home